We want to help complement your life in Christ. Through Bible studies, fellowships, worship, service opportunities, travel, and varied outings, we intend to help us all to develop as believers and find a place of service.
Progressing in relationships with the body of Christ, seniors excitedly share their hopes and experiences with each other. You can share your gifts and person hood to enlarge the kingdom of God in your sphere of influence. Whether it is Sunday morning worship or Bible Study, Wednesday's Prayer and Bible program, Journeying in Discipleship, or Witness in the communities of our area, you will be strengthened and challenged as a senior in North Richland Hills Baptist Church.
Join us for Senior Adult choir practice, fellowship, coffee & goodies, worship, prayer, and Bible study! A luncheon will be on the first Tuesday of each month. Please see our Guest Speaker Schedule below for dates and times.
- 9:30 AM - Fellowship, Coffee & Goodies
- 10:00 AM - Worship, Prayer & Bible Study
- Lord's Supper observed at various Tuesdays throughout the year.
TMBS Guest Speaker List
19 – Dawson Granade
26 – EDr. Dan Crawford; Horizon Bay snacks
03 – TBA
10 – Rev. George Dixon
17 – Ben White
24 – Dawson Granade
31 – Rev. Eddie Lago; Horizon Bay snacks
07 – Rosie Nelson
14 – Dawson Granade
21 – Ben White
28 – Rev. George Dixon; Horizon Bay snacks
TMBS Ministry Involvements
- Prayer support for various needs and health concerns in our church
- Senior Adult Choir practices at 1:00 PM on Tuesdays and then sings in Assisted Living Centers and Healthcare Facilities; Senior Adult Choir singing for Sunday 8:00 AM Worship Services.
- Providing food for families in grief at funeral time
- Visiting the sick in the hospitals and during recovery at home
- Monthly financial support to Cornerstone Assitance Network, Mission Dignity and Gospel Harvesters Internations.
- Ongoing collection and distribution of unwanted Christian non-fiction literature for Revelation Ministries and their calling within national and international prison ministries.
- Many other opportunities to serve such as:
- Helping with church mail outs
- Helping with Disaster relief
- Providing maintenance repairs for widows and singles
- Helping with Usher duties
Statement of Values
We place high values on the ministry we do in serving the Lord. We have chosen key scriptures that define what we strive for in the Seniors Ministry.
It is imperative that Senior Adults are ministered to in order to come to grips with the reality of, and need for, a personal acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior.
1 John 2:25
The basic need of Senior Adults is to have and live a personal relationship with Christ Jesus, and to grow spiritually. It is vital that Senior Adults be encouraged to not "count their days" but to "make their days count."
Luke 10:42, Deuteronomy 6:5
Our task is to gain an understanding about older people. The church family must discover that Senior Adults are people with strengths and weaknesses, hopes and fears, cares and concerns, who have a variety of skills, experiences and commitment in order to minister appropriately to their needs.
Galatians 6:2, 10; Romans 15:1
Senior Adults should be challenged to be active, useful and of value to the total ministry of the church and community.
This forms a “safety net” for Senior Adults. Fellowship, regular contact with Christian friends and the church provide continuity amidst change and crises. To remain in one’s own place in a familiar community is important to Senior Adults.
For more information about the Senior Adult Ministry,
please call 817.284.9206.